2011/12/23

MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO















More and more you see the guys wearing monk straps whether it's a single strap or a double strap. And if they wear a double monk strap it's cool to undo the above strap, and this is why:


Scott Schuman [The Sartorialist]
“I don’t always do it but when I do it’s because the shoes are new. Monkstraps buckle higher on the foot than lace ups and when they are new they are stiff and the top buckle can dig into the foot, hence buckling just the bottom buckle until I break them in. Also I like the free and easy style of one buckle. There is something to be said of being able to slip off your shoes in a heartbeat!”
Sean Sullivan [The Impossible Cool]
“Honestly, I wish I had a good reason for doing it, but it’s really only because it’s the most comfortable way to wear them. Like most of us in New York City, I walk a tremendous amount and my feet get tired fast with both straps buckled up. So I guess it’s a case of necessity turning into a style!”
Matt Lambert [Sales Associate, Sid Mashburn]
“Loafers have always felt a bit dainty on me, so I wear the double monks as my version of a loafer. The single buckling chills the whole shoe out a little. However, always buckle up when attending funerals.”

(Interview posted by GILT MANual)

1 comment:

Victoria Heinicke said...

All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks..
monk strap men shoes